Thursday 6 January 2011

Top beauty product hint.

I like to wear a bit of eyeliner occasionally, some of you might have read the blog post where I tried all but one liquid eyeliner in the Selfridges beauty hall. That was insane, I had considered doing the same for lipstick but realised I would have to move in for a week. My favourite instant liner remains Dior's but an issue remains staying power. My eyes are deep set and due to my age increasingly creased. I was finding that eyeliner, particularly in the outer corners would rapidly break up or wear off. To be honest my tendency to get allergic and have to give my eyes a wipe does not help. I have found one thing that really helps, a gel sealant used by actors and dancers (including ballerinas who as we all know are eye-flick goddesses).  It is a sealant that you use  instead of water with block liner and it seems to work really well and dry quickly. Additionally it comes off quite easily and the only set back I can see is that you really have to have a cake liner just to use with it. 

I'm quite a fan of kryolan products which I used as a goth and never seemed to irritate my perverse and temperamental skin. It can be bought in Charles Fox in Covent Garden and costs about a fiver. Might not suit all but useful for me so I thought I'd share! xxx

Little bottle of usefulness.

3 comments:

Johanna said...

Charles Fox is a real hidden gem of a shop and I love and I glad you love it too. Have you tried Illamasqua- another brand that Charles Fox stocks, great lippies. kryolan does great colour coices of make up too, and its great quality too if a little heavy!

Lisa said...

I might have to try this as I use cake eyeliner anyway. I've wnted to try their oundation for ever too. Thanks!

quietandsmalladventures said...

fantastic!!! i have the same deepset and creased eyelid problem; my eyes seem to eat liner, it's crazy! i can't wait to try this.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails